Site Navigation

Thread: Amazing...
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 09:06 PM

The Cold War Kid is on a distinguished road

The Cold War Kid is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerBob View Post
Has anyone suggested this may simply be a noisy injector or two? They can sound like noisy valves sometimes when they click, click, click.
B I N G O !!

Used my trusty listening hose. Listened along the outsides of the valve covers - nothing. Tops - nothing. Placed the hose next to the injectors. Bingo! Verified it with the stethoscope.

I've yet to hear a fuel injector - before now. They typically just kinda sit there... and inject. Now I learn they can make noise. I was suspicious when I changed the oil to rotella t 15w40 and nothing happened...

The obvious question, of course, is is making noise a sign they are about to quit working? Methinks not...

Drove it some today. Sitting at a light you need to look at the tach to know if the motor is running Thermostat and hoses installed with clean antifreeze. Heat sender changed and new heater hoses. Temp is down and rock steady. Heater door motor fixed. Heater works. Driveshaft isn't perfect but not bad, at all. Windshield replaced. Trans is serviced, fluid clean and silky smooth. Still haven't cut the wire to kill the headlights - lol

On a run of 150 miles at 60 mph, regular road driving with small towns, etc. she turned in 23.76 miles/gallon.

I'm declaring my new truck fixed, for now.

I'll put a new set of injectors in it when the weather warms up again. That'll cost me around $500. I'm on budget - paid $3100 and planned to spend $1900 getting it running perfectly. I can't STAND vehicles that don't run and drive right!

Thank you BoomerBob and all that helped me out with this. You guys are all right... no matter WHAT they say about you

"...The closer you get, to the meaning, the sooner you know, that you're DREAMING..." (Black Sabbath - HEAVEN AND HELL)
The Cold War Kid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote