Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 11:46 PM

STI_MECE will become famous soon enough

STI_MECE will become famous soon enough
Front brakes dragging after steering wheel wobble

So, as title reads....at around 60-65 the steering wheel wobbles a good amount left to right, then gradually after that about 10 minutes or so, the front brakes are full on locked up (not retracting) and just dragging hard.

Eventually it get to the point where the truck will not go anywhere.

Alittle backstory....I had this exact problem when going to NTB to get an alignment done. On the way their, brakes locked up. They told me the calipers were siezed so they put remanufactured ones on.

Fast forward two or three months, my brakes locked up again....so I go ahead and replaced the rubber brake lines.

That didn't change anything. I made sure the Pistons on the calipers were still moving and they were.

Even after I did all of that, plus flushing the bell out of front end I couldn't get the pads to stop dragging.

This problem is repeatable. To a T, get in truck when the brakes are cold drive on high for a few minutes, and then steering wheel wobbles then brakes begin to drag more and more.

I think the wobble comes from the brakes swelling then eventually they get so hot everything mashes together. but even cold, the brakes are slightly dragging.

What gives? The entire week the brakes were stellar. I rebuilt the rear brakes and bleed them and my brakes were good as new then all the sudden the front craps on it self. And I never touched them since NTB did it.

And both sides drag as well....so that tells me it's something related to the entire system itself than just 1 side.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by STI_MECE; 11-11-2019 at 10:09 AM.
STI_MECE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote