Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 11:50 AM

KP Texan has a spectacular aura about KP Texan has a spectacular aura about

KP Texan has a spectacular aura about KP Texan has a spectacular aura about
Made a good bit of progress on the project this past weekend, and it was nice to see the equipment fired up and running. Although I haven't really had time to tune it, it's obvious that there is much, much more clean power on tap and I have much more flexibility with with the crossover. My limiting factor is the stock speakers right now because the paper cones just do not provide very clean highs.

Custom microphone mount:

Mic mount in console:

Put a bit of Tesa tape over the top to hopefully block some of the sound coming from the roof:

When using the T01 harness, iDataLink wants you to cut into the stock camera harness in order to connect 4 wires for the backup cam. I didn't like this since I avoid cutting stock wiring at all costs, so I came up with a fix. Grabbed a 16-pin Metra AX-TOYCAM1 harness for about $12, and then re-pinned it for my needs:

Connected to iDataLink TO1 harness:

Primary USB Port. I removed the stock 3.5mm aux input because we've never used it since owning the vehicle, and put the primary CarPlay port there:

One thing I did find on the stock USB port in the glove compartment is that it did not take the harness several people said it would (Metra AX-TOYUSB-2). My 2012 actually takes the other style connector (I used PAC USB-TY1) and plugs in right in the dash at the stereo harness.

Last edited by KP Texan; 11-11-2019 at 11:53 AM.
KP Texan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote