View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 12:14 PM

STI_MECE will become famous soon enough

STI_MECE will become famous soon enough
I will provided a play by play of my lovely brake story lol

the brakes were always mushy....like stupid soft before....from the first day i got it.

i would have to stand on the pedal to get it to stop not completely stand on it but the pedal would drop farrrr. Took him home, noticed drive side rear bleeder was leaking, it was just look (totally safe i know lol) that was day 1

took it home went HAM on suspension for 1 month. never drove it during that period.

Then after suspension was done, took it to NTB to get alignment. driving it there, the front brakes were dragging and gradually dragging more and more.

The only way for me to get back home was to have NTB put re-manufactured calipers on. they told the calipers were frozen, both of tthem.

They didn't replace the pads or rotors, just the calipers.

Took it home drove great, brakes still spongy or soft. I attributed that to the fact that my rear drums had oil on them. Because before i got new tires, i saw the ones that were on there, had the lovely oil streaks (they were not fresh either).

The PO had reciept of repair they only did the seals and cleaned drums

the brake were soft from that point on, always had to stand on brakes to get it to stop.

fast forward two months and 2k miles, oil leaking out of rear axles.

Rebuilt axles, rebuilt drums, bleeded the rear brakes. stopped like a dream. progression was back to normal and had stopping power.

then another 1k miles just drove 185 miles, ran like a top. turned it on the next morning and boom brakes started dragging on highway. (front ones)