Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 04:58 PM

Weston4Runner is on a distinguished road

Weston4Runner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in NC View Post
OK this one hit a nerve for me. I realize the title is about high beams, let me take it further.

Guys around here are running ultra bright lights in their fog pockets, light bars on all the time behind their grills, under their chin spoilers, or on their roof racks, searing bright aftermarket LOW beams... it's lame as hell. It's blinding people constantly.
Your low beams should not be searing bright in peoples faces!
Even you guys that think you did it right, aimed it right, bought the right bulbs... 90% of you are still blinding people, it's just that most are too polite to lay the brights on you. I'm not, I'll bright the hell out of you, and in retaliation you'll flip me the bird or turn on your light bar or nail me with your high beams that are searing bright.
None of your junk is DOT legal, but you don't care, it's your safety and driving comfort that matters, and you gotta have that sweet headlight mod the day after you buy your vehicle, and as long as your local grease and go joint doesn't fail your inspection due to your lame aftermarket bulbs then screw everybody else. "I don't give a $#%@ if it's DOT legal it's MY RIG!"
Don't get me started on all the above coupled with the sweet "levelling kits", or heaven forbid the squat reverse rake trucks and suvs.
I group you searing bright not DOT legal light guys in with the squat truck guys. Lame.
Your sweet mods are not so sweet, in fact they can be downright dangerous to other drivers.
Just remember, for every 1 vehicle that flashes you because your lights suck, there are 10+ others that wanted to but didn't. I'll bright you for sure.
Damn, I'm usually 99% nice and pleasant too, this has been bugging me bad though.

So, I have been researching for 2 months on how to upgrade my 2019 ORP lighting because I honestly think its so bad its dangerous for me and my 2 year old kid to be driving down the road with such terrible lighting. I constantly have to use the high beams (when safe) to see anything more than 10 feet in front of me. WHAT WOULD YOU PROPOSE I do to have adequate lighting for my family and be safe for those in the oncoming lane??
2019 Mag Grey ORP - Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 275/70/17 - Spidertrax Spacers - TRD Intake - TRD Exhaust - Green Lane Offroad skid plate and sliders - Rago Fab MSP - DD SS3 Pro Fog - XD LED DRL/HBs - HR SV4 LED LBs - Sprint Booster - 35% Tint - 3M Paint Protection - LineX - Canvas Back - Weathertech - 2 Graco Child Seats
Weston4Runner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote