Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 06:42 PM

mashburned is on a distinguished road

mashburned is on a distinguished road
2015 vs 2017 transmission behavior

I don’t really know enough transmissions to properly express what I’m trying to say here, but I think you guys will understand, and hopefully smart guys can help me out:

Just got done driving a 2015 on a long trip, and now my 17 feels like a total b****. My 17 will jump to 5th gear as fast as it can if you apply any pedal pressure. You have to slam the gas to get any real power. Driving around town is annoying as hell, and I pretty much stick to s4. You get used to it, and it’s “fine”...till you drive the same vehicle with different shifting points.

The 15 shifts and drives like a normal vehicle. It feels like an absolute sports car compared my 17. It’s not in a race to 5th gear. It gives you power when you push the pedal. It’s not constantly switching gears. It just drives like a normal “truck”. A 275 horsepower vehicle. It sounds good, and has ample power. Great highway cruiser.

The 17 feels totally different because it’s constantly fighting you to stay as close to 1k rpm as possible.

Anyway, how do I get my 17 to behave/shift the same way the 15 does? Can Toyota give me 2015 software? It seems like there would be a simple resolution to this.
mashburned is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote