View Single Post
Old 11-14-2019, 04:11 PM

4thGen4.7 is on a distinguished road

4thGen4.7 is on a distinguished road
Update: I ripped it apart and replaced the FEL-PRO gasket I got from O'Reilly's (absolute POS) with a Beck Arnley that was much higher quality and looked closer to OEM. The FEL-PRO had a blow out and you could see where the manifold came off the edge a little bit. Needless to say, I was confident when putting the new gasket in. Unfortunately, this did not do the trick. I kept checking for vacuuum leaks, spark, fuel pressure, and could not find anything wrong. I had it towed to the dealer and their code reader is showing bad engine immobilizer chip. My cheap code reader did not pick that up. I told them to go ahead and replace it but I had serious doubts that was the issue ($370 to make sure that didn't shit the bed at some other point in my life I guess). Now that I am reading more about these chips, it appears that rough idle is a symptom because it can turn off fuel injection? I'm not so sure.

I will update once I hear back.