Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 12:02 PM

MORK is on a distinguished road

MORK is on a distinguished road
Catastrophic ToyTec BOSS coilover failure

Been a long time since I’ve posted anything here, but I’m hoping to help anyone else out so they don’t run into the same situation.

I actually sold the 4Runner to a really nice guy about a month ago, and he just sent me this picture:

Here is the 4Runner for reference.

Apparently, this was just after crossing one of those rolling speed bumps. Now, we didn’t baby the car, but we treated it well as it was my daily driver with the little kids along as well.

So... if you have lifted your 4Runner, particularly with ToyTec BOSS shocks, please make sure to check these welds. (Or, replace them with a better designed shock without that failure point...) Imagine if he had hit a pothole on the freeway instead when this happened. I’m currently waiting on ToyTec to respond if they will help this guy out...
MORK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote