View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 11:55 PM

ahtoxa11 has a spectacular aura about ahtoxa11 has a spectacular aura about ahtoxa11 has a spectacular aura about

ahtoxa11 has a spectacular aura about ahtoxa11 has a spectacular aura about ahtoxa11 has a spectacular aura about
Rear end creak/squeak? Check your bracket for foot brake cable

Just a heads up for those of you that may be trying to hunt down a loud sqeak/creak when rear suspension is cycled up and down. It was affecting my 2019.

Symptom:

Loud creaking noise in rear suspension when cycled up and down. Happens when cycling slow and fast. Sounds like a swaybar bushing; a bit gritty and creaky.

Cause/details:

Check the bracket that holds the rear foot brake cable. The bracket is located right by the rear swaybar link. There's one on each side of the frame rail. Jiggling would reproduce the noise. This bracket puts sideways pressure on the housing for the footbrake cable and when suspension cycles, the cable rubs in the housing. Mine was showing grooves from rubbing.

Solution:

Take pliers and bend the bracket just a little in order to alleviate the sideways tension and thus rubbing. Enjoy your truck again.

I hope this helps someone. My 2019 with 15k miles was making this creaking noise that was driving me nuts. I was down there undoing the swaybar thinking it was the swaybar bushings only to be surprised when the noise was still there with the sway off. When I did find the issue after an hour crawling under and effectively doing bench presses with my truck to cycle the suspension (I was sore next day) I had to facepalm myself because it was in my face all along.

Last edited by ahtoxa11; 11-16-2019 at 11:59 PM.
ahtoxa11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote