View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 02:38 AM

AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future

AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantilgh View Post
Ordered the kit above and put it in today. Starter wasn’t too hard to remove other than manipulating it though the hole.

My main problem was the copper bolt for the positive cable was frozen and I bent it and broke a triangle piece of aluminum out starter case where sits. I got secured well enough and seems to work fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantilgh View Post
Used this post for reference

Replace Starter Contacts and Plunger
Just an FYI on the repair kit mentioned in this topic and the linked reference topic, according to the "check fit" on Amazon this part/repair kit is for the V8 starter and it says does not fit the V6 starter...but as the OP in the linked reference topic shows it will work for the V6 starter, I do see a small difference in the old parts/contacts and the contacts in the kit but apparently not enough of a difference that it won't work in the V6 starter, but it would be better to have the correct kit for the V6.

I did a little searching and the correct kit for the V6 is the Victory Lap ND-36SOL Solenoid Repair Kit, the difference in the part number for the V8 is 34 instead of 36 for the V6 in the part number, this is the part number for the V8 Victory Lap ND-34SOL Solenoid Repair Kit, both kits are the same price.

Here's a link to the kit for the V6 repair kit.

https://www.amazon.com/Victory-Lap-N...16430482&psc=1

Here's a link to the kit for the V8 repair kit.

https://www.amazon.com/Victory-Lap-N...ype=automotive

Last edited by AuSeeker; 11-17-2019 at 02:50 AM.
AuSeeker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote