Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 04:43 PM

ColoradoToyota will become famous soon enough ColoradoToyota will become famous soon enough

ColoradoToyota will become famous soon enough ColoradoToyota will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Stripped Roof Rack Screw Head

Anyone have any ideas? Screw head is stripped, it’s halfway in. Happened when I installed the 2010-2013 TE rack on my 2016, I just caulked it up to prevent leaking. Now I need it out to install Gobi, but for the life of me cannot get it out. Have tried all the tricks and the little kit with a bit that is supposed to pull these things out. The screw has some play up and down, so I’m nervous about making a mess of the roof insert. But I cannot get it to budge. Can’t quite fit channel locks around it, only needlenose which is no help (also the bolt head is round, derp). Have tried hammering a hex bit in but the screw metal is so soft it shreds before it can bust the loctite...

Can’t get photo to load from my phone for some reason so I can try from my computer later. Was hoping this wouldn’t be so difficult, running out of time before my toddler awakens from his nap haha.

I’m out of ideas!
ColoradoToyota is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote