View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 12:14 PM

apohl17 is a glorious beacon of light apohl17 is a glorious beacon of light apohl17 is a glorious beacon of light apohl17 is a glorious beacon of light apohl17 is a glorious beacon of light apohl17 is a glorious beacon of light

apohl17 is a glorious beacon of light apohl17 is a glorious beacon of light apohl17 is a glorious beacon of light apohl17 is a glorious beacon of light apohl17 is a glorious beacon of light apohl17 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke588 View Post
I WISH I had a job that allowed me the opportunity to be outdoors everyday. Literally anything. Logger, Park Ranger, Wildland firefighter. My buddy works in nor cal and all he does is drive up and down roads in the foothills and look for hazard trees that might fall on power lines... I definitely wouldn't have the pressure to hunt as much if I did something like that..

Just like this upcoming weekend. I'm going on my first elk hunt, solo, about 2.5 miles in and about 2000ft in elevation gain. I would love to shoot an elk, but the terrain might persuade me to put my rifle down and pick up my camera. Probably won't want to pack out an elk alone that deep. Especially for a first hunt.

Even if I see elk I would be ecstatic.

Time will tell.
This is what hunting is about right here. To me, hunting is defined by appreciating nature; the little things that one only notices after sitting out in a tree, listening, observing...for hours on end.
IG @apohl17
From ye fellow @Konkordmusk... "The 4Runner does not drive. It simply rotates the Earth to your desired position."
apohl17 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote