View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 01:22 AM

Rolling_Thunder is on a distinguished road

Rolling_Thunder is on a distinguished road
I got into a similar fender bender but I hit dead on center - I was lucky because it didn't damage the frame at all --

As others have said - remove everything that looks bent / broken so you can see what's left. Basic hand tools will get you there.

Bumper, bumper brackets, bumper plastic, headlight, turn signal, fender, grille....

Here's my logic - if I planned on keeping the truck I wouldn't overthink what needs to happen - my radiator core was bent so I just attached a chain to a backyard tree and slowly pulled it back into a more natural position. If you're still running the truck then the majority of work is cosmetic and easy.

Get a new fender and use that and maybe a body measurement diagram to bend your passenger side corner of the core support back in place and start rebuilding from there. All the front stuff bolts on in like an hour.

Biggest concern would be making sure the frame is not bent
Rolling_Thunder is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote