Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019, 03:38 PM

cali2008 is on a distinguished road

cali2008 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUltimateBohab View Post
One thing I'm kind of curious about is why would you go from iridium or one of the higher quality plugs back down to Copper? The only way I can figure is the price....

I wouldn't sweat the Gap too much I've owned like 50 vehicles in my life and worked on everyone I know not once in my life have I ever gapped a spark plug from what it comes at. and I've never once had a problem or decrease in fuel mileage I also always use anti seize with denso's or anything really that I take out that's also never caused me any issues....

The NGKs are at 89k. I recently just purchased this 4runner and wanted to put in original oem plugs to see if throttle response is better. Also during hard acceleration I get occasional sulfer smell coming in from back window. Just passed smog so I don't think it's the cat.

I won't be putting many miles on it per year so it will be many years before spark plug change is needed.

I'm also still undecided on if I will use antisieze because it messes with torque adjustment and Denso says not to use it. If I did use antisieze I would tighten by hand as I am a little worried about the aluminum heads.

If by chance I don't like the copper denso, Ill replace them with ngk iradium plugs. Not a money thing.

It's just everyone in the forums has different opinions and I'm cautious about that.
cali2008 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote