Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-23-2019, 02:23 PM

Vulgarian is on a distinguished road

Vulgarian is on a distinguished road
Jumping down the (even) bigger tire hole

When I bought my 4Runner, I had all these fake rules like, "I'll never get an aftermarket front bumper." That lasted about six months before I ordered one. I also said, I'd stop at 33" tires. Well, that one's about to get thrown out the window too as I descend further yet down the rabbit hole of mods.

As my Cooper's are nearing the end of their life, my next mod is probably 285/75 R17 Toyo MT's (although the noise may push me into a quieter tread like the Cooper's ST Maxx.) What that means is a BMC and 4:56 re-gearing - no worries there. It may also mean bump-stop extensions in the rear. Following this logic, it will also help me rationalize a rear bumper just so I can carry a full-size spare. Naturally, all this will precipitate a divorce so I'll need to prepare to live in my truck and I may as well get an Alucab RTT while I'm down here this deep. lol.

I've read almost every thread on the topic and really appreciate the wisdom I'm reading from some longtime contributors here, but I have a few questions.

From those of you who have committed to this next step, what negative effects, disappointments or regrets will I have on the road. This is my daily driver.

Thanks in advance.
2015 TE-P, KDSS, MGM, Demello Sliders, ICON Stage 7, Nitto Trail Grapplers 285/75R17 (34's), Pelfrey Aluminum Front Bumper, Warn Zeon 10S Winch, Baja Designs Lights, Pelfrey Battery Holder, Prinsu Roof Rack, Body Mount Chop, Black out tint, Roto-Pax, blah blah blah so far...

Last edited by Vulgarian; 11-23-2019 at 02:25 PM.
Vulgarian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote