Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-24-2019, 06:29 PM

G_Raw has a spectacular aura about G_Raw has a spectacular aura about

G_Raw has a spectacular aura about G_Raw has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbtim View Post
Did you see exactly where the power steering fluid was leaking from? 9 times out of 10 the culprit was the o-ring the seals the reservoir to the pump. I hope you didn't give your power steering pump to an auto parts store to satisfy the core charge because you very well could have given up a functioning OEM pump. I'm guessing the pump you got came from an auto parts store? Sounds like to me the pump you got is bad.
Took your advice Tim. I reinstalled the old pump ( did not take it back to auto store until I knew I was in the clear) with the new reservoir and O-ring from the new pump on it. Cleaned my old reservoir up and installed on new pump. Returned the new pump being straight forward and honest about what I did. The guy gave me a refund on the part but not my core. I am completely okay with this.

Will continue to monitor to see if it leaks with the new reservoir and o-ring in place...

Issue solved steering is smoother than ever. Tundra brakes coming after the holiday weekend! Then lift time...
G_Raw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote