Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-24-2019, 08:22 PM

Vulgarian is on a distinguished road

Vulgarian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by comtn4x4 View Post
You will definitely need a BMC and high caster UCA's. I think it will be very challenging to get the caster you need to clear the body mount even when it's chopped without a front bumper to give you more room to push everything forward. I run about 4.9* caster to get everything to not rub with the 305/70's I'm on now at full compression. (Nitto Ridge Grappler)
In hindsight I think staying at the 285/75's would have been fine. The extra width doesn't seem to make much difference in traction and it required a lot of extra trimming to fit the 305's. (Hammering pinch welds and major trimming of the rear fender liner) As well the 305's are much heavier and much stiffer. (The 285/75's were C rated and the 305's are E.) Ride quality was much better with the 285's. I'll probably go back to the 285's at some point.
I went to the 285's before re gearing and had to re gear to 4.56 right away. So I'd plan on that.

Good Luck!
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. You've answered a few other questions too. I think I'm going 285/75 for a lot of the reasons you've mentioned. I don't think the extra width will benefit me as much as the diameter increase will and the narrower profile seems to make sense from a stuffing a tire into a wheel well aspect too. I heard someone who had tried a lot of different sizes say he thought the 285/75 was the best fit for a 4Runner in the final analysis. I also appreciate the regear first comment. I was wondering how long I could let that slide. lol. My UCA is an Icon, so I think I should be fine.

Thanks again
2015 TE-P, KDSS, MGM, Demello Sliders, ICON Stage 7, Nitto Trail Grapplers 285/75R17 (34's), Pelfrey Aluminum Front Bumper, Warn Zeon 10S Winch, Baja Designs Lights, Pelfrey Battery Holder, Prinsu Roof Rack, Body Mount Chop, Black out tint, Roto-Pax, blah blah blah so far...
Vulgarian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote