Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-25-2019, 09:53 PM

ax2021 will become famous soon enough ax2021 will become famous soon enough

ax2021 will become famous soon enough ax2021 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrizow View Post
I am comparing T4Rs to purchase in 2020 and this thread has been very handy.

My primary concern is ON-ROAD driving, handling, and road noise in a city environment. This vehicle will 99.99% of the time be driven in the city.

I have zero need for the off-road features of the TRD Offroad. My attraction to TRD Offroad is for the KDSS option, which some say is more smooth and nimble for city driving. My concern is the reliability of KDSS--I plan to keep the vehicle for 10+ years and would like to avoid costly repairs as much as possible.

SR5 Premium would more than suit my off-road needs (which are none) but I am concerned the city ride will be too rough. I live in KCMO where the roads are technically paved but sometimes rough as hell due to lack of maintenance!

I am also OK with a Limited--I like the leather seats and 15-speaker sound system and other creature comforts--but I am not sure about 20" wheels or the overall heavy appearance of the vehicle. I have also read here that the 20" wheels can counter-intuitively lead to more road noise and a stiffer ride? (I assumed Limiteds were the most cush, plush, and smooth for normal driving conditions until browsing this forum)

Obviously I am interested in a T4R so I am prepared for a bit of a rough, trucky ride (which is part of the fun) but I do want to get the "smoothest" T4R possible for city use. Thoughts?

(Yes, I plan to test-drive all of these models but I have extreme aversion to dealing with car dealerships and so I am trying to minimize the amount of tire-kicking necessary)

Thanks!

You got to test drive every one of those to pick right one for you. But the way you sound, Lexus GX 460 , try that one, maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ax2021 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote