Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-26-2019, 08:38 PM

BigCountryT4R will become famous soon enough

BigCountryT4R will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky View Post
We are considering switching from our beloved 2011 FJ Cruiser to a new 2019/2020 4R- but I have a concern....

Our FJC has the worst cruise control of any vehicle I've ever owned- and I've been driving since 68 in a huge number of different vehicles. I even installed plenty of the old vacuum operated electromechanical aftermarket cruise controls back in the 70's. They worked better than the FJC cruise control.

The FJC has a hugely annoying habit when topping a hill to overshoot by 4 or 5 mph. This also makes me look like an as***le when climbing a hill and the car next to me is slowly creeping by, when the cruise control punches the throttle and I pull away, only to slow back down when the hill ends.

Does the late model 5th gen 4R also do this?
TIA!
My 4Runner does the same thing and I have a 2019 Limited. I tried it and had to turn it off on a trip I recently did and just drive with my foot. Even the slightly incline the 4Runner would downshift and accelerate past the set speed and then wait till we are at the top to go back to overdrive. My foot doesn't cause this and it keeps it at the speeds fine. Not impressed with it's cruise control at all because of that.
2019 4Runner Limited in Magnetic Gray Metallic, w/Redwood Interior, and 3rd row. Mods: Lastfit 7440/7443 Led Blinkers | JDM ASTAR LEDs throughout the interior and backup/license plate bulbs | OEM Tundra LED Fog Lights | Morimoto Elite HID 5500k 35w | Xenon Depot Led Pro 9005 w/LED Driver for DRL / XPLORE OFFROAD USA Flag rear windows | Adams Polishes UV Ceramic Paint coating
BigCountryT4R is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote