Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 02:34 PM

Superhero is on a distinguished road

Superhero is on a distinguished road
Help me spend $4k on my 4Runner

2007 4Runner, V8, 4x4, 180k miles, stock other than tires (265 Duratracs). Have kept up with oil changes but other maintenance could have been better. Was short on cash for awhile.

I have a $4k budget and am trying to decide on parts. I can do most of my own labor, but am lacking a lot of tools (lost in a move) so that will have to be accounted for too.

I'd like to be able to get a front bumper, rear bumper with tire carrier, lift kit and new front axles (178k miles on original) and needed tools.

I don't do any crazy rock crawling. I mostly ride service roads in CO and rarely have to go over rocks more than about 12" in size or so. I'd like a decent ride, durable parts (I'd like the stuff to last at least 40k-50k miles if possible) and better control and handling offroad.

ToyTec Lift

Coastal Bumper Kits, front and rear with tire carrier

Not sure the best place to get axles.

I don't have a welder and have never welded anything, but read that these kits are easy for first-timers. I'm confident in my abilities here and with some practice I think I can get these put together for a big savings vs assembled bumpers. I wish I knew a welder.

I'd like to have everything installed before Christmas. Anyone know of good Christmas deals?

Any and all advice is welcome!

Thanks!

Last edited by Superhero; 11-27-2019 at 04:30 PM.
Superhero is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote