Site Navigation

Thread: Tire Issues
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 11:40 PM

TONEDOG513 is on a distinguished road

TONEDOG513 is on a distinguished road
Smile

AuSeeker,

Regarding your questions, I'll try to clear up for you.

1. "Hunter" is a very well know manufacturer of wheel balancing tools/machines. They make a model called the 9700 that has a feature called roadforce, it's an additional step added to the traditional balancing process that measures in pounds the force an imperfection in tire and or rim can apply to a specific spot on the wheel (up and down) as it spins on the vehicle.

So think of a tire spinning on your car as you drive it down the road, the weight of your car is distributed across all the tires, one of the tires has a bump or imperfection, so with every revolution you get a thump, as you drive faster the thump becomes a vibration. That thump is measured in pounds. (Basic explanation)

Not many tires are perfectly round so they all get a rating. I have 1 almost round tire, the 5lb'r. I have 2 ok tires, the 19lbrs (would be better if they were 16's) and I have 1 really oval or whacky tire, the 54lbr.

YouTube hunter roadforce and it will all make sense.

Then search your area for a place that does roadforce and go try it, you will then get the report and really have a grasp of your whole wheel and tire setup.

Hope that helps.

Best
Ton
TONEDOG513 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote