View Single Post
Old 11-28-2019, 03:11 PM

dom42 is a glorious beacon of light dom42 is a glorious beacon of light dom42 is a glorious beacon of light dom42 is a glorious beacon of light dom42 is a glorious beacon of light

dom42 is a glorious beacon of light dom42 is a glorious beacon of light dom42 is a glorious beacon of light dom42 is a glorious beacon of light dom42 is a glorious beacon of light
Dom’s build thread

Ok I guess I’ll start one too.

This is my white 2019 trd off road premium w/ kdss.

I have built many diesel / hd trucks for Baja style chase / race so I’m familiar with how to properly set up suspension. Hint hint I’m actually in charge of building some suspension kits for a few different platforms for a new company that will hit the market in 2020. We will be using King shocks with our own valving as I have ridding in a few off the shelf King shock equipped ( extended travel/ Oem replacement ) trucks and there’s definitely room for improvement. Not that king doesn’t know what they are doing , but , I know for a fact they don’t do a lot of r&d for the off the shelf valving( I have been working with them for over 10 years , but I’ll leave it at that lol).

With all that said most of the funding is going to the ford ranger platform currently but we are going back into the 4Runner next. First part will be a bumper. While all this is being done I am trying to get my 4Runner setup with whatever limited funding I have.

The ranger. We are currently using svc upper a arms for this build while we figure out our design. But currently funding is being allocated to the front bumper , another part I can’t talk about yet and the rear leaf spring development.

I’ll b running some trd forged wheels. The rings are being powder coated matte black.

Made some prototype rear links using some spc flex joints. I’m trying to find the balance of a hd joint and low / no maintenance/ quite. We’ll see how this works out. I’ll have a heim/ uniball version. I had these powder coated in clear.

I’ll be running the only tire brand ( Toyo) I trust but this time I’m going for the rt’s vs mt’s. 285/75/17. I’ll be test fitting and cycling the suspension over the next couple of weeks.

I had these laying around ( camburg) , so I’ll use these for now to get proper alignment and see how I can improve on it when I design them for the 4Runner.

Kings came in last week. Going to start with custom valved 2.5’s front coil over , finned resis , compression adjusters , stainless shaft , extended travel. I need to take the coils off and install everything to cycle it.

Rear shocks are 2.5 kings extended travel, stainless shafts , finned resis and triple bypass. 2 compression 1 rebound.

Once I get the links on and cycle the rear , I’ll be able to figure out the track bar setup and yes I have kdss so I’ll try and figure out the whole trac bar sway contact for extended travel shocks. I’m not looking to have a weird/ zig zag track bar that can only work with stock links.

For the rear coils , I’m finding the toytech coils are the softest but I notice it increases load capacity by 20%. Which actually mean stiffer then stock. In my world we want to lose load capacity by about 20% for maximum performance but I understand this whole overland world is all about loading up the vehicle with more weight so I get. I’ll need to find that balance. I live near eibach so most likely I will work with them.

To be continued ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by dom42; 04-13-2020 at 11:37 PM.
dom42 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote