Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-29-2019, 04:38 PM

Perl T4R is on a distinguished road

Perl T4R is on a distinguished road
My '05 V6 T4R is being a real *****, could use some assistance and you seem to have helpful advice. Got stuck in 4Lo, the 4wd light started flashing when out on the trails. When I try to shift out of 4lo it starts beeping. Shop has replaced two t-case actuators, thinking 1st one might be bad, didn't fix issue. Tried replacing front ADD actuator, no fix. Could it be the 4wd ECU? Appreciate any help you might have!!

Katie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWorksInc View Post
Like I said, it could be either a failed actuator and/or a failed switch. Unfortunately some of the limit switches are not in fact servicable and thus may require replacement of an entire actuator (I believe this is the case with the transfers case actuator, I can't remember because some of the newer ones like the New Tacomas have replacable switches.)

Here's a "Quick Training Guide" from TIS on the '03-'09 T4R 1GR-FE 4WD system and what testing would look like:
Attachment 94231

So if you did manage to do an actuator test of the system, your screen should have shown a data list of the following switches with on/off indications when you tested the actuator:

~TL1
~TL2
~TL3
~DL1
~DL2
~ADD

The system uses a combination of On/Off switches to know what position it is in currently, what position it wants, and if it in fact shifted into that position. A failure of any one or more switches can cause the ADD or Transfer Case Actuator to not even engage.
Perl T4R is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote