Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 12:48 PM

Js'00imited4runner will become famous soon enough

Js'00imited4runner will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaDrewski View Post
You are right about the costs being higher at the dealer. I might just pay them the $90 diagnostic fee as I have so little time working as much as I do. That $90 would be money well spent (if they actually diagnose the issue) and then I could fix it myself when I get time. Thankfully I have a spare to drive in the meantime.

The dealer quoted $380+tax in labor....

I bought the Denso fuel pump kit for $88 (comes with everything except the gasket for the tank) The dealership (McGeorge wants $224 JUST FOR THE PUMP)
Yeah that's somewhat reasonable but this time of year it stinks to take that big of a hit. Is your rig completely down? Or are you gonna have to get it towed to the dealer? If you want I can rent you out one of my fuel pressure test kits if you end up doing the work yourself. Do you have a OBD 2 scanner to know if its fuel/spark related? The only way to know if you don't have fuel pressure is to hook up right to the fuel system or test your electric resistance of power to the fuel pump under the backseat driver side floor hatch. But again I don't know if your completely dead in the water or if you were able to get it back home and have something else to run around for now which I read you do. You seem to be mechanically inclined I would use this as a opportunity to pick up some new tools/toys and add them to your toolbox and learn something from it. Yeah the denso parts lookup website is pretty awesome to find the correct parts for replacement. It took me roughly 2 weekends to get mine tore apart and back together. (Was waiting for parts).
But I didn't wanna order anything until I knew what exactly the problem was.
Curious to know how this all turns out! Good luck and have a good rest of the weekend.
2000 Limited 4wd Millenium Silver Metallic, E rear locker, KYB Monomax All around, '99 tall coils up front with daystar 1" spacer, OME 890's in back, Weathertech Floor and cargo Mats, Track decal shackle Brackets, Satoshi grill mod (wahoo), Diff breather mod, 200k+ and still going strong!
Js'00imited4runner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote