Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 03:18 PM

Off-Camber is on a distinguished road

Off-Camber is on a distinguished road
Weather Pack license light/back-up camera plug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4R4Trout View Post
Do you have a link to where you bought the weatherpack plug? Thanks

***Disclaimer***: I am not an electrician. I simply knew about these plugs from prior use and decided it would be a great way to make a QD for everything at once. I'm sure there is an electrician on here that can chime in if I'm wrong.....or right.

Weather Pack plugs can have varying wire gauges per plug as the terminal connectors are the same size. They simply have a different crimping area based on the gauge wire you use.

First, any plug you make from weather pack will consist of 5 separate parts.
1. Weather Pack Shroud (usually houses the male terminals but can be interchanged with female according to what I have read)
2. Weather Pack Tower (usually houses the female terminals but can be interchanged with male terminals)
3. Male terminal based on gauge of wiring.
4. Female terminal based on the gauge of wiring.
5. 1 seal per male and 1 seal per female terminal based on the gauge of wiring.

6. You will need a special crimping tool to crimp the terminals as it won't work with your standard crimper that I'm aware of, however, there are nock offs on Amazon that are much cheaper and work perfect for those DIYers like myself.

For this project you will need a total of 6 male terminals, 6 female terminals, 1 shroud plug, 1 tower plug, and 12 seals based on wiring.

The best I can tell the wiring that comes with the Victory bumper is gauge 16(it stripped perfectly with my 16ga wire stripper). The toyota camera plug wiring appears to be 22 or 24 gauge, and the led light is 26 gauge (if you double over the stripped portion of wire it crimps perfectly to the 24 gauge terminal)

I used Mouser Electronics website as it had good pricing, no minimum quantity, and laid out in an easy to use fashion where I could search for specific item numbers. Aptiv Weather Pack Series Automotive Connectors | Mouser

Parts ordered.
2 points-I used male terminals on the liscense plate side and female terminals on the vehicle wiring side hence my qty of terminals below.

1. Qty. 1x WPT-6 Tower plug housing (part number 12015799)
2. Qty. 1x WPS-6 Shroud plug housing (part number 12010975
3. Qty. 6x WPF-15 Female terminal for 16-14 gauge wire (part number 12124580)
4. Qty. 2x WPM-23 Male terminal for 24-22 gauge wire-license light only (part number 12089307)
5. Qty. 4x WPM-15 Male terminal for 16-14 gauge wire-camera harness to weather pack plug only-I had to butt splice a wire extension from each of the camera harness wires to reach where I wanted to mount the plug when done. I used teh left over victory wires, hence the 16 gauge terminal. (part number 12124582)
6. Qty. 10x WPS-GRA seals for 16-14 gauge wire (part number 15324980)
7. Qty. 2x WPS-PPL seals for 24-20 gauge wire (part number 15324985)

Verify all numbers above at this page.
Weather Pack Terminals Seals Connectors Splices | Weatherpack | Sealed Electrical Connection | Weather Pack – Components and Tools | Weather Pack System

Terminal Crimper I used.
https://www.amazon.com/Delphi-Packar...5227443&sr=8-2

Hope this helps. Again...I'm not a professional, I just researched DIY info.

Brandon

Last edited by Off-Camber; 12-01-2019 at 03:23 PM.
Off-Camber is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote