View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 03:32 PM

Off-Camber is on a distinguished road

Off-Camber is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopSmith View Post
That would be fantastic, thank you.

In a random stint of irony (or Karma) I came out of the grocery store to find I had a flat. So I got to get some real-world experience pulling the spare off... in 30degree weather... while people were staring at me... and with a bottle jack Becuse my HiLift is in my other rig.

It sucked. Really bad actually. As I said before, I cannot speak to the current design with wing nuts, as mine still has the Allen bolts. But it was still a royal PIA. I think the addition of a weather-proof plug would make it way simpler. Additionally I was really glad I had swapped out my studs and lugs, as I only had the factory lug wrench with me (I really gotta stop moving my tools to my pickup) and I’m not sure if I woulda been able to get the 1/2” lugs off with it.

All in all it wasn’t a huge deal. Belle tire was just down the road and they fixed it for free in 20min (they were as shocked as I was that a wheel weight made it that far through the treads). But it was a good trial run. That woulda sucked bad if it was calf deep in mud in the middle of the woods at night.
]
Geeez. That does Suck....But at lease you are proficient at it now!
Off-Camber is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote