View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 01:57 AM

BoomerBob will become famous soon enough BoomerBob will become famous soon enough

BoomerBob will become famous soon enough BoomerBob will become famous soon enough
A quick way to find out if it's a wheel balance issue like it normally is; is to do a tire rotation if you have a couple of jackstands and a large hydraulic jack that will lift one end up at a time. I suppose you could lift one side up at a time using one jackstand and a smaller jack.

Could even put your spare on one of the fronts then swap it to the other side if you still had the vibration. Of course that assumes the spare is balanced well.

I chased my vibration problem for a long time until I did a rotation and I had the wheels balanced first. The road balance is a good option but a good balance guy can do a good job if they want to. A lot of the time they will get within 1/4 oz and call it good but it isn't. Tell the balance guy is has to be right on the money because the fronts are very sensitive to being even a little off.

If you get into mud sometimes; check the inside of your wheels for a clump of dried mud. That'll throw it off too. I cleaned the inside of my wheels while I had them off at home and was surprised at all the build-up of dirt and brake dust. I expected the brake dust but not that much dirt. It was uniform but still more than I expected.

Last edited by BoomerBob; 12-02-2019 at 02:06 AM.
BoomerBob is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote