View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 11:34 AM

Zeke588 will become famous soon enough

Zeke588 will become famous soon enough
Went out last sunday. Hiked 6 miles in some pretty nasty country. Only daw 4 mule deer, 3 does and 1 spike buck. That concluded elk hunting for me this season.

Welp. My dad came up from California for thanksgiving. Still had a doe tag and he’s never really been hunting before or gutted a big animal, so I thought what the heck. Took him out to a ranch I have permission on and filled my doe tag. 3/4 tags filled this year. Hopefully next year I can notch my elk tag.

Funny story time... well we went out and sat in some bushes waiting for deer to come out. Had a few chances too shoot but the shots just didn’t feel right so I passed, anyway. I have a breast pocket on my jacket where I like to keep my phone. Time goes on and I end up shooting. My wife was on her way in the pick up and I was waving at her to stop so we could walk to the truck because the doe was in the other field. She doesn’t stop so we just have her pick us up. So we gut the deer load her up and make the normally 30 min drive, which it now 45 due to icy roads, back to town. We had to stop for some groceries and my wife and my dad went in because the kids fell asleep. I go looking through my jacket and panicked. I ask my wife too use her phone to find my location... it’s in a field... 45 mins away. MY PHONE FELL OUT OF MY POCKET. So what turned into a quick and easy hunting trip turned into a LONG and easy trip. My son got real antsy on the way back and no one had a good time until we got home lol.

1993 4runner 3 inch lift 33/12.5/15 KO2 SOLD
Zeke588 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote