Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 10:56 PM

03V8Limited4Runner is on a distinguished road

03V8Limited4Runner is on a distinguished road
I am new to the page and suck at tech, so I need to ask for HELP.
I have a 2003 4Runner V8 Limited and I freaking LOVE IT. I got it used 2 years ago (230 000kms) and it's been freaking awesome! BUT!! The emergency brake shoes seized up and I couldn't get the truck to move (had the e-brake on while parked on a hilly part of the driveway for a few weeks, seriously, that's it). My dad has rebuilt engines and does everything for all of our family cars (except bodywork), and he has been LOSING IT on this ridiculous e-brake system... So, we replaced the shoes (pads were literally STUCK in the rotors) so we replaced those, then all 3 cables, and now the rotors... And we have had the wheels on and off more than I can say, (and the shoes on and off trying to troubleshoot) and we've tightened EVERYTHING sooo many times.... We have adjusted the shit out of these up and down, at the star on the e-brakes, under the console, and at the pedal. We can't get the balance where the wheels will spin in neutral, but the e-brakes will stop the car when in motion. And before I changed the rotors today, (but had done everything else), we removed the old rotors (for the 40th time) and the e-brake had obviously been catching somewhat, because the new e-brake pads had created a shit-ton of dust all in them and look scratched, but still wouldn't stop the wheel when in motion. So new rotors, re-adjusting, and the truck still rolls when the e-brake is on. I think it's making him crazy, and I've been there for a while. If you have any ideas on how to set this thing, I'd love to try them. THANK YOU!! 🙂
03V8Limited4Runner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote