View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 01:57 AM

rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold

rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold rickashay is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourfive View Post
When you wrote you initial review of the Tundra 6112/650# in your build thread, I'm assuming that was with a stock front end?

Looking back would you still recommend 650# on Tundra 6112 with a stock front?

How would you compare your previous TRD Tundra coil/5100s to the Tundra 6112/650#? Was there anything you liked better about the TRD Tundra coil/5100 over the Tundra 6112/650#?

When you had the higher end Kings/Fox/Icons/ ADS, how long/miles did they last before you had to be serviced/rebuilt? Where did the squeaking come from?
All good questions.

Unfortunately my time between the TRD Tundra/5100 setup and the Tundra 6112/650 setup has been long. I feel like if I answered this in detail, it wouldn't be very valid. I do remember liking the TRD/5100 setup and it definitely had some motivation for me to try the 6612/650 setup. The only specific thing I do remember was that I thought the 5100 rear Tundra shocks were valved too soft for the 4Runner. They were smooth but definitely under-valved, most noticeable on compression.

Yah the truck had a stock front end initially on the Tundra 6112/650 setup. I was on notch 3/2. Since the bumper went on, I have bumped them up to 3/4 to retain the height. The 4Runner rides very very nice right now with the front Coast Offroad bumper and no winch. I thought it was also very tolerable with the 650 coils with the stock front end - I would not even consider swapping the springs to a 600lb coil. I've actually been thinking about what I will do when I throw my winch on... I don't want the front to drop anymore as I am happy with the height, and I don't want to bump up anymore on the spring perches. So I will probably go with a 0.25" top spacer or maybe even try a 700lb or longer 650lb coil. I'd actually be happy to drop the shocks back down to the 2/3 or even 1/2 positions if I could keep the height I'm at now.

My old Fox's started to squeak from the lower heim at about 20,000kms (12K miles) and the Icons needed the heims replaced at 24K miles (started squeaking a little before that). I'd say the Fox's still felt pretty good at that 12K mileage (but I sold the truck) and the Icons @ 24K still felt good but I could tell they were near a rebuild.

Hope that helps!
rickashay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote