View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 11:49 PM

Irishperil is on a distinguished road

Irishperil is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyM View Post
OP asked for opinions. Not to bash this truck, but honestly? Not sure why someone would choose a 4Runner when they don't need one. There are other much better choices. A small fraction of folks really need a body on frame, heavy, on-demand four wheel drive, high riding vehicle. And its simply not the safest choice either. We have one because we need it - the best choice for us, but that's a long story. I am amused with people tooling around Charlotte in these things. I guess I don't get it.
Wow you're all pretty right about why would you get one unless you really need those capabilities, but I've never thought about it like that. I always loved my 4Runner, but never even used it for what you guys do. It was only 2WD with Michelin LTX tires for hot ass Florida. Got it when I was 29 until 37. At that time, Volvo's were ugly, Acura/Lexus/Range Rover/Porsche all too expensive, I wouldn't buy any American SUVs, and Honda Pilots and Highlanders seemed like soccer mom cars. 4R's just seemed like a great fit and I drove it from 36k miles to 175k without ever having a single repair. Not a valve cover, not a gasket, not a sensor, NOTHING!

I actually walked over to a lady at the gas station today in an XC90 and randomly got her opinion. She said she owned a 2015 for 3 years and it was in the shop for 3 entire months of that getting major repairs, but she said she still loved it and bought another. That's great and all, but not too inspiring for me lol

So I bought a 4Runner today! Half because mine was so reliable and great, and the other half because I just couldn't find anything better like you all suggest (seemed like the XC90 gave it a run)

But I appreciate the insights. And I definitely knew I'd be getting some slightly biased opinions, but that's what I wanted ;)
Irishperil is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote