Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-07-2019, 07:40 PM

Road Bull is a jewel in the rough Road Bull is a jewel in the rough Road Bull is a jewel in the rough Road Bull is a jewel in the rough

Road Bull is a jewel in the rough Road Bull is a jewel in the rough Road Bull is a jewel in the rough Road Bull is a jewel in the rough
Input needed for putting Humpty Dumpty back together again after the rollover.

So I managed to put my rig on its side last week. The body is toast. It rolled over and took a hard landing on the driver's side. The body ate most if the damage. It broke the front windshield and rear driver's cargo window. Took big damage to A, B , C, & D pillars. The driver's side fender, hood, both doors, rear quarter, roof, and hatch are also toast.

Additionally, the dash buckled as we lost about 4 to 6 inches internally.

But... Pretty much every mod / bolt on part are fine. The known exception is my new Sherpa Equipment Co. rack is toast.

People that have seen it and pictures have said that the frame shouldn't be bent.

I am currently waiting to hear back from insurance. I provided them this build page as well as a detailed itemized list of things added to vehicle, prices of those additions, as well as dates those were added.

I am trying to come up with options for moving forward.

The most likely plan is to simply get another 3rd gen 4Runner. This way most of the mods can be reused.

I might be tempted if I found a triple locked LC 80, but this is less likely. I don't really see myself getting a new vehicle, because new vehicle payments...

It would seem to me the most straightforward approach is to find a like year, ideally 1999 to 2002, 4Runner to park next to, and begin trading parts.

A few people have suggested that I find a body to put on top of my frame. I haven't come across a lot of people that have done this obviously, as it seems somewhat extreme, but it sounds like one of those things that are crazy enough that it might just work sort of solutions. Has anyone ever done this? LOL...

Differences between 1999-2000, & 2001-2002.

Given my choice, I suppose I would like to have a 2000 4Runner. If for nothing else, at least I wouldn't have to potentially deal with issues associated with the ABS brake master cylinder unit. They are ridiculously expensive for the 2001 and 2002s.

I suppose another potential issue is that I have gears and a locker in my 2002. If I found a 99 or 2000 that had a rear e locker, I might just need to swap over the entire rear axle and sell the rear e locker to maintain the 4.88 gears. other than that, at this point I don't see any other potential conflicts.

I know a few of you had this unpleasant experience and have gone one way or another with your next build.

I would be interested in hearing your perspective and sharing your input not only just for me but for anybody else potentially facing these types of issues.
Attached Images
Input needed for putting Humpty Dumpty back together again after the rollover.-img_20191201_185133-jpg  Input needed for putting Humpty Dumpty back together again after the rollover.-img_20191201_185005-jpg  Input needed for putting Humpty Dumpty back together again after the rollover.-img_20191201_185046-jpg  Input needed for putting Humpty Dumpty back together again after the rollover.-img_20191202_135215-jpg  Input needed for putting Humpty Dumpty back together again after the rollover.-img_20191202_135306-jpg  Input needed for putting Humpty Dumpty back together again after the rollover.-img_20191202_135316-jpg  Input needed for putting Humpty Dumpty back together again after the rollover.-img_20191202_135335-jpg  Input needed for putting Humpty Dumpty back together again after the rollover.-img_20191202_135228-jpg 

Last edited by Road Bull; 12-07-2019 at 07:45 PM.
Road Bull is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote