View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 10:00 AM

KYMike will become famous soon enough

KYMike will become famous soon enough
My 2017 came with ADVICS as OEM on the front brakes, and Akebono on the rear.

It would be hard to answer your question without someone inside ADVICS. OEM pad makers will typically use different formulas for the Aftermarket, usually as a cost savings (OEM pads must pass specific testing, whereas Aftermarket pads have no testing requirements). Even if they use the OEM formula, they can register a separate Aftermarket designation to hide that fact. A check on the NSF website shows 312 registered formulas for ADVICS North America. I doubt they produce 312 unique formulas, and would assume some are just renamed.

I realize this doesn’t help you much, but thought you’d like to at least see a response. Hopefully someone who’s used the pads you’re asking about will reply.
KYMike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote