Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-12-2019, 04:05 PM

Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute

Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by snydmax View Post
Fordtechmakaluko's main points:

1. Fluid recevoir in caliper hold fluid that doesn't circulate Why is this a problem?
2. It gets hot (not boiling) and is constantly heat cycling. The fluid is meant to take the heat. Again, what's the problem?
3. Risk is to ABS Hydraulic Control Unit (not wheel sensors) if you manage to push the "contaminated" brake fluid up into that system He never explains how the fluid is contaminated, so how is the fluid contaminated?
4. Opening the bleeder expels this fluid instead of pushing it up back into the brake lines I'm aware of how the bleeder works, but there's no issue with pushing the fluid back through the lines.
5. Using a brake bleeder further allows you to remove the fluid in the caliper reservoir replacing it with clean fluid from the master cylinder... short of performing a full flush. This is true, but I would rather flush my brakes once every 5 years than have to bleed them every time I did my brakes because I cracked a bleeder valve. If you don't open the bleeder then there is no need to bleed the brakes again.

Do what you want, I'll continue to take this extra preventative step on my vehicles.

Sorry OP for hyjacking your thread! Hope you find out what's up without too much $$ and trouble
Points in bold. If it makes you feel better to do it that way then feel free. My point is that it's bad information saying that it's required or that you're supposed to be doing brake work that way. It may be better for people that don't flush their brake fluid often enough, but it's not included in the work being performed if the service is taking place at a shop. I've never had any issue or seen an issue caused by pushing the brake fluid back through the brake lines.