View Single Post
Old 12-14-2019, 10:31 AM

TodiN will become famous soon enough

TodiN will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackacc View Post
Thanks you guys, at first I was going to hire a shop but I think I can get it done myself. I am definitely going to rent a spring compressor to assemble the fronts but I should have been more specific.

I wanted to know about the parts like top hats, washers, nuts, bushings etc. that are usually removed from the stock setup. I want to build the shock/spring setup before I remove the original setup from the truck so I can easily swap them in. My 4R is a lease so I wanted to be able to easily swap it back to stock if I don't wind up buying it at the end of the term and then sell the lift fully assembled.

I was hoping someone who has completed the installation could let me know exactly what parts are moved over from the stock setup so I can price out the parts to see if it is worth it.
Spring compressor method if not done properly can be dangerous. I’ve used the no spring compressor method as mentioned before, see this video: YouTube . Make sure you torque everything per specs.
When/if you return the truck, you can then remove all assembly and return the truck to original state.
- SSO Full Rack; Ironman 4x4 Stage 3 Foam Cell Pro: Constant Load – front, Performance Load – rear; M.O.R.E. aluminum full set skid plates; Artec aluminum gas tank skid; RCI front filler skid plate; HetfyFab Low-Profile Banshee Bumper; ReszFab flat sliders; Smittybilt 98695 XRC 9.5K GEN3 Winch; Pedal Commander; ARB diff breather; Smittybilt 2781 Compressor on C4Fab second battery tray; Falken Wildpeak AT3W LT285/70-17 E;

Last edited by TodiN; 12-14-2019 at 10:34 AM.
TodiN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote