Max Torque: 238.4 lb-ft @ 4,150 RPM

Compared to stock, that is:

+ 19.8 hp
+ 20.5 lb-ft of torque

Compared to just the TRD Intake and Borla Touring Exhaust, that is:

+1.5 hp
+ 1 lb-ft of torque

NOTES YOU NEED TO READ:

1) Remember that these numbers are smoothed/averaged. There was one run that was as high as 215hp and 242 lb-ft, but most were 210-212hp and 237-239 lb-ft.

2) Take a look at the temps. They make a difference. The day I did my first run, it was 77F and 70% humidity. The day I did this run was also the same run that I did with the TRD Intake and Borla Exhaust: 48F and 50% humidity. I asked the tech who helped me how much of a difference he thought the temps made, and his assumption was 30-40% boost.

If you factor that in, the real increase in performance with the TRD intake and URD MAF Calibrator (assuming a 35% boost due to temps) would be:

+ 12.87 hp
+ 13.3 lb-ft of torque

So you'd have roughly 204 hp and 231 lb-ft of torque if the temps were the same on my third run.

3) After doing the second run with the TRD Intake and Borla exhaust, I disconnected the battery, installed the URD MAF Calibrator, drained any residual charge left in the system, let it sit for 20 minutes, reconnected the battery, did a few "warm up runs" and then did a few final runs.

Video - I'll post the chart in my next post:
Cool to see the different curves together and the nice power bump from the intake and exhaust.

So, if I understand you correctly, did the shop perform all the dyno runs without a correction factor (for temperature and humidity differences), like the SAE or some other standard? That would save you from having to guess at a percentage (35%) adjustment.

So happy to be back in a 4Runner again! Previous Toys - '87, '89 and '93 4x2 Pick Ups, '03 4Runner, '08 Sequoia
headpaneer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote