View Single Post
Old 12-17-2019, 07:05 PM

LOSTR4 will become famous soon enough LOSTR4 will become famous soon enough

LOSTR4 will become famous soon enough LOSTR4 will become famous soon enough
Thanks for the reply...the ICON suspension system has been amazing on my 4runner but I was told by a reputable dealer (from what I've been hearing and reading reviews on) that ICON systems need to be rebuilt about every 15k miles unless you get full stroke on your setups every once in awhile...I have 45k on my setup and I have some incredible audible squeaking...my 4runner is a very capable mall-cruiser so full stroke suspension articulation never happens (wife's rig) but surely could if needed. That being said, it will cost me about $700 for the rebuild of the front resi-coilovers...it's about $50-70 per rebuild kit (seals/o-rings) each, plus the ICON fluid required to be refilled (about 2.5 gallons assuming a little waste) and a nitrogen refill...plus a front alignment...nonetheless, I was almost angry finding out this cost of ownership but having to just swap in a new kit or a less-expensive kit seems unreasonable but the interval they may last might be worth the less ride quality...I refuse to move backwards when we all just look forward (or should)...so I am having them rebuilt and hope they last longer than what I've put on them thus far...just my $.02 as this was certainly something I never considered asking assuming they would last longer than the OTC products we can have at fractions of the cost...I suppose it's kind of like Harbor Freight tools...you can buy x10 tools from HF and some might break but you could spend x10 more money on a "good" quality tool and it can break too...it's all just perspective...
2005 T4R Limited V8 Dorado Gold Pearl|'06 Headlight/Taillight Update|5000k HIDs|VSC-Off|Husky-Lined|HCF Delete||IAP By-Pass|TPS By-Pass|AFE Pro Dry S|Pioneer AVH3800BT|Sprint Booster|BD SSPro IFLs|LEDs|ICON 2.5+|SPC UCAs|TE/FJ Wheels|255/80 Cooper ST MAX|Spidertrax 1.25|Custom-ish End Links|Custom Perkins Roof Rack|40" LED Light Bar|SW Color-Matched Front Bumper
LOSTR4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote