Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-19-2019, 12:21 AM

DAW89446 is a glorious beacon of light DAW89446 is a glorious beacon of light DAW89446 is a glorious beacon of light DAW89446 is a glorious beacon of light DAW89446 is a glorious beacon of light DAW89446 is a glorious beacon of light

DAW89446 is a glorious beacon of light DAW89446 is a glorious beacon of light DAW89446 is a glorious beacon of light DAW89446 is a glorious beacon of light DAW89446 is a glorious beacon of light DAW89446 is a glorious beacon of light
I keep two “to-go” bags in my home, one for my wife and I. For these I use thrift shop back packs.

In each vehicle (listed below), I keep duffel bags, mainly because they keep a consistent shape and is easily stuffed against the seat back and stays there. In my 4Runner, I also keep a low profile tote box sans lid, just to keep things together. With the 3rd row seating, there is surprisingly little cargo height between the floor and cargo cover.

In both my vehicles, in addition to many of the survival items already listed, I keep a Sterno stove, and a few days worth of freeze dried MRE’s. They are available at Walmart and my local ranch supply store. I keep a number of bottles of water in the vehicles at all times. We also keep a few days worth of dry dog food for our two small dogs.

Since it regularly drops below zero in winter where I live, I keep a set of oversized insulated overalls in each bag. They are more versatile than a sleeping bag and are more compact.

I don’t recall seeing it already listed, but in all bags, I keep a week’s worth of medications for my wife and I as well.

I make an attempt to rotate out meds and dog food annually to keep them fresh.

2018 4Runner SR5
2012 Subaru Outback Premium

Last edited by DAW89446; 12-19-2019 at 12:25 AM.
DAW89446 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote