Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-19-2019, 03:06 PM

gaswede is on a distinguished road

gaswede is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I think i need to write this out for myself to visualize my options. My rig is 60/40% on-road/off-road. when I wheel it, I push the limits. This is my first 4Runner and im coming from 10yrs of wheeling Jeeps on 37-40" tires...so I have to regear my brain for the new rig.
Cost is a factor as well. I was hoping to keep this under $900 as I have other wear parts to replace too.

From the research ive done this is what ive found...
What say you??

5100's - smaller shock body, lighter spring, not great for future bumper and winch. not rebuildable.

5100's w Toytec springs - customizable spring rate, ok for bumper/winch, not rebuildable

6112's - larger shock body, heavier spring than 5100. ok for future bumper and winch. not rebuildable/worth the effort of sending off.

Toytec BOSS - customizable spring rate, ok for bumper/winch, not rebuildable, but adjustable on the vehicle.

OME - Larger shock body, customizable spring rate, not rebuildable.

Is my train of thought about right here? If so I just need to decide whats best for my style and budget.

Last edited by gaswede; 12-19-2019 at 03:09 PM.
gaswede is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote