View Single Post
Old 12-20-2019, 04:18 AM

theriddler is on a distinguished road

theriddler is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineRunna View Post
As a longtime Fluid Film user I was curious when I worked on a customer's Wrangler with a recently repaired frame with a thick, waxy, clingy, black undercoating on it. I asked him what it was and he told me New Hampshire oil. I've seen a few vehicles with it now and it seems to hold up better than Fluid Film. It is also jet black and will cover ugly looking frames. Well I just put about a gallon on my wife's 05 today and I'm impressed. Sprayed on nice, covered well. It comes in black or clear and costs about $40/gal.
This looks like the stuff that the local Toyota dealer coated my friend's Tacoma with. He got a notice to take his truck to a dealer for a frame inspection, his frame checked out okay but they sent him home with this heavy goopy looking rust protection. It may not be pretty but i bet it works, i would take this over the rust anyways

2002 4Runner Sport Edition-285/75R16 Duratracs, OME suspension, TRD wheels, Shrockworks front/rear bumpers, White Knuckle sliders, etc.
theriddler is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote