View Single Post
Old 12-21-2019, 11:26 AM

Skibber is on a distinguished road

Skibber is on a distinguished road
Skibber's 2001 Overland Build & Adventure Thread

Creating a thread to share the build & maintenance of my 2001 Limited that is nicknamed Trick Bag. Long story short, I got a little more than I bargained for in terms of how easy everything has been to work on since this vehicle has spent it's entire life in the Midwest.

Most recently (Thanksgiving week) I finally got around to installing the SS 1.2 system that had been sitting in the box for almost a year. During the install I also did a complete front end refresh that consisted of new LBJs, UBJs, LCAs, OTREs, and an OEM steering rack. Replaced the UCA bushings and rebooted/rebuilt the axles while I was at it too. Put some fresh General Grabber ATX 265/75-16's on after the suspension work was completed. Everything sans the kit is still OEM. Steve from Sonoran Steel wasn't lying...it rides like a Cadillac!

She's a daily driver that is mostly used for overland/camping/kayak trips. Don't hate on the steps as they are very useful for loading the kayaks and can be removed if need be. Some sliders are on the wish list though.

Other mods and maintenance that has been done over the past few years include:
* General maint after purchasing in 2015 with 128k miles - Plugs, wires, radiator, thermostat, PCV valve, refresh all fluids, etc
* American Racing Mojave 16x8x4.5 wheels with Teflon coating from my old 2001 Tacoma
* TBU with OEM 13WLs and rotors & rear brake refresh
* Andy mod 2.0 with TRAC switch
* LED upgrades interior/exterior
* Android double DIN head unit
* Walker 54681/54081 exhaust from the cat back & O2 sensors
* Internal/External frame rust remediation & prevention (see thread about hole next to muffler)
* Fuel tank skid to replace the original that was rotting away

Next up on the docket is:
* Timing belt kit install
* New front brake pads and hard lines
* Fuel filter
* Rear diff breather
* Front skid - Savage Offroad
* Front seat covers - Hot Rod Upholstery (ebay)
* Sound deadening and JBL speaker install
* Satoshi grill in process that needs a little more work before paint

I want to say thanks to everyone in the T4R.org community for sharing info and their experiences. This board has been an invaluable resource for everything that I have done and plan to do.

Here's how it sits as of today with 177k:
Attached Images
Skibber's 2001 Overland Build & Adventure Thread-trickbag_20191207-jpg 

Last edited by Skibber; 12-21-2019 at 11:40 PM. Reason: updates
Skibber is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote