View Single Post
Old 12-21-2019, 01:22 PM

American Jarred is on a distinguished road

American Jarred is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAST4R View Post
Maybe just a set of really good street tires then?

I have driven our Subaru Tribeca (looks like a minivan) on Nitto 420S (not a tire I would ever put on a 4R) on Oregon beaches with good success. Yes, we got stuck once but that was in a spot no truck dared to drive and the Wrangler that pulled us did so from far away. And I only need a single pull, drove the rest myself to the dismay of the onlookers.

Specialized offroad tires dig themselves down in sand. The stock tires are just flat out awful so I would replace them anyway though

I think there are at least two members here that I trust that have had really good success with Michelin Defender.
Subarus do well where most don't think they will. I had a 2012 WRX on summer tires and drove around in 30 inches of fresh snow and was kinda shocked I didn't get stuck. I live in long Island where they don't plow unless it's a weekday for the most part so it was chaos for everyone else!

I'll definitely look into the Michelin Defenders and I appreciate the response. Are you on stock wheels? I was thinking about painting or powder coating the stock wheels, but it's going to cost me $600 on the low end so I'd rather just put that towards new wheels.