View Single Post
Old 12-24-2019, 10:19 AM

VernySanders will become famous soon enough VernySanders will become famous soon enough

VernySanders will become famous soon enough VernySanders will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobb View Post
So my muffler is starting to get leaky and I'm looking at the various options. For $200CAD I could get a flange to flange drop in replacement but I have no idea how easy the bolts will come off.

Or should I go with the universal mufflers and use a variety of adapters/clamps to make it fit? If so, can you just plug in the parameters into Walker's universal search?

Universal Muffler Search | Walker Exhaust Systems

Better yet if someone has a used a universal muffler that fit nicely, please share.

I'm looking for something quiet and as close to OEM as possible, nothing fancy.

Thanks!
your other option is to take it to a shop and have them run a new pipe and just weld an aftermarket muffler on. I have a Borla XR1 muffler and I personally love the way it makes my truck sound. I just have a pipe straight back to my exhaust and the exhaust dumps right before the rear axle because I didn't want to see it lol. I paid if memory serves correctly 80 bucks to have the new pipe with hangers installed with the muffler, in the process i upped the size to 2.5 inches to prep for when i get headers. I also deleted a cat in the process and simulated my o2 sensor (extremely easy). I should have deleted both honestly. the only thing that restricts airflow between my cold air intake and the exhaust is the stock manifold, stock throttle body gasket and "high flow" cat. With the exhaust upgrade and cold air intake, i have had impacting gains on power, when I didnt have 33 inch tires i could get 20mpg or pretty darn close highway on cruise control and 17 city.
VernySanders is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote