Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-24-2019, 10:23 PM

NW.OH.T4R is a jewel in the rough NW.OH.T4R is a jewel in the rough NW.OH.T4R is a jewel in the rough NW.OH.T4R is a jewel in the rough

NW.OH.T4R is a jewel in the rough NW.OH.T4R is a jewel in the rough NW.OH.T4R is a jewel in the rough NW.OH.T4R is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMLOR View Post
Absolutely I do. There was a certain amount of sarcasm in the above post...

That said, when you read a post like Crawler 78's issue, that definitely needs to be shoved in Toyota's collective in box until you get some kind of resolution.

My .02 on Crawler's issue sounds like way more than a shock noise, sounds like something that is supposed to move isn't OR something that is not supposed to move is...The 4Runners are notorious for frozen adjusters on the LCA's. I would be surprised if that was connected to the noise, but ya never know.

I suppose I was poking a bit of sarcastic fun at the "automotive hypochondriacs" and you just know they exist.

Now as I said, mine are absolutely silent, no noise, no squeak, no thump, cold temps or otherwise. I have even tried to make mine do it after sitting overnight in 23F degree weather. Nada, nothing. Silent as a tomb, dead nuts stable at 80mph.

FWIW a 2019 Pro with 9342 miles and about 6 months old. One of the first mods I did was to replace the sway bar bushings with urethane ones. Super easy and cheap. I was amazed at how soft the stock rubber Toyota ones were, already significantly deformed at 1800 miles. Anecdotal? yes, coincidence...maybe. Food for thought....?

I think your entrance to the thread was just bad timing. There were a few troll posts before yours and then your addition just seemed to pile on a bit.
That said, you also came with some additional information regarding part of the suspension you’ve replaced. You’ve added value with your insight to the stock bushings, so thank you.
All I know is my courtesy vehicle is a 4R limited and I really don’t like it. Even if it’s currently out of commission, I’m still happy I chose my Pro over a limited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NW.OH.T4R is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote