Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-27-2019, 06:46 PM

firebirdguy is a glorious beacon of light firebirdguy is a glorious beacon of light firebirdguy is a glorious beacon of light firebirdguy is a glorious beacon of light firebirdguy is a glorious beacon of light

firebirdguy is a glorious beacon of light firebirdguy is a glorious beacon of light firebirdguy is a glorious beacon of light firebirdguy is a glorious beacon of light firebirdguy is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesooohoppy View Post
well youre in iowa, there are lots of walmarts outside of where you are. maybe youre in a small town, idk. i can tell you if you lived where i live you wouldnt buy anything from walmart other than oil, filters, and shop towels.

there is no 'may' have a reputation for questionable work. they do where im at. you seem to have gotten lucky (again, maybe youre in a small town). where i am at, i guarantee you higher end tire shops are paying their employees more than my local walmart (which employs all sorts of 'winners' whom i dont even want looking at my rig). it also helps if you go to a reputable tire shop and do your research before hand.

your iowa walmart may be good, but what if you go next door to another state (or say a town) and you get shoddy work done on your rig and you have issues? now youre stranded in a different state/town thanks to questionable walmart work.

25 a corner to mount and balance too much for you? so you're going to take your chances with something as important as tires? thats where you lost me. you dont even want to know how much shops charge for tire swaps on cars with TPMS sensors. plus most of us have 33" tires. its not like getting these balanced is the easiest.

brakes and tires are the most important things on your vehicle. im glad you can trust someone at walmart and save money. most of us cant because we know what goes down at walmart.
not sure what your attempt at a reply or insult means. so iowa has good walmarts & the rest of the country has bad walmarts? or because you think i live in a "small town" thats why i trust my walmart but big town walmarts arent trust worthy? id ask you to clarify but im not sure it would matter...

FYI i live in a town of close to 200k people, we have like 4 or 5 walmarts & they all have trained mechanics in their field & managers are usually ASE certified & run a pretty tight shop with all modern machines. have you ever mounted & balanced a tire or do you just overpay at a shop to have it done? its not rocket science to operate a tire machine ya know!

& sorry but "most of us" do not have 33" tires, probably at least half are normal daily drivers or maybe a small lift & they ride small trails or go camping etc, the hardcore off roaders are less than half im pretty sure. funny how you assume you talk for "most of us."

& well maybe, where youre at is full of morons that dont know how to m&b a tire. seriously if you think its an epidemic of bad work at walmarts you need to get out more! majority of walmarts today offer great service, full warranties, & probably sell & install 10x more tires a year than most tire specific shops. & just as easily, a major shop like goodyear or general tire etc will hire a kid off the street or some backwoods bubba that uses an impact gun on lugnuts!

same thing applies for walmart or any shop... do research or check reviews on their work & there is zero reason to claim walmart is less than any other shop for basic things like tire m&b or oil changes etc.

Last edited by firebirdguy; 12-28-2019 at 12:18 PM.
firebirdguy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote