Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-27-2019, 10:31 PM

firebirdguy is a glorious beacon of light firebirdguy is a glorious beacon of light firebirdguy is a glorious beacon of light firebirdguy is a glorious beacon of light firebirdguy is a glorious beacon of light

firebirdguy is a glorious beacon of light firebirdguy is a glorious beacon of light firebirdguy is a glorious beacon of light firebirdguy is a glorious beacon of light firebirdguy is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesooohoppy View Post
i was just replying to some of your points, not trying to be insulting; sorry if it came off that way. i have never seen an ASE certified tech at any walmart where i live. my dad worked at good year my entire childhood, so i have a bit of a different perspective than you do. 2 things i learned very early on was tires and brakes are very important.

FWIW, my local walmart has a 2.5 star rating. why am i not surprised. i get out plenty, i avoid walmart like the plague, well because have you ever seen peopleofwalmart.com? that is basically what everyone is like around here.
no worries, i wasnt insulted. but your post came off kinda condescending & judgemental of where i live or what my perspective is, & walmarts in general when you have only dealt with a few in your area.

ive been working on cars for 30+ years & have many friends that are ase certified lifelong mechanics & factory ford trained master mechanics & one has been at goodyear for 25+ years. im aware of how most shops work & can spot a shady mechanic or shop a mile away! i've had work done at shady shops that claim they are good, & at walmart if i bought tires there. ive heard more horror stories about smaller shops or franchise shops like most goodyears & other names are than i have walmart. but then again walmart doesnt do major mechanical work.

just saying if you bash walmart, then be fair & bash any shop out there that has the potential to do questionable work too. or just as bad, questionable business practices... many shops out there will lie to old ladies & people that dont know cars & tell them they need repairs they dont need. had that happen to me a couple times over the years too, its great when you tell them they are wrong & they realize you know better.

i agree tires & brakes are very important.. thats why i do most my own work on my cars or will usually watch whoever is doing things like alignments or mounting tires etc.

& yes i know all about peopleofwalmart.com, the walmart in my area is actually pretty nice & you dont see too many people like that. personally i have no problem letting a "decent" walmart balance my tires.

Last edited by firebirdguy; 12-28-2019 at 12:20 PM.
firebirdguy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote