Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-28-2019, 07:25 PM

APhelps has a spectacular aura about APhelps has a spectacular aura about

APhelps has a spectacular aura about APhelps has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by beklemmung View Post
Thanks, I appreciate the offer and info. For the LCAs, are you saying it's easier to essentially replace the existing ones entirely with junkyard arms and new poly bushings, and then selling my current ones? I need to go back and watch Tim's LCA bushing replacement video again.
In general I'd apply that theory to all the control arms. Pushing out bushings can be a rather painful task or a relatively straight forward one if you end up having the right press sleeves. It is by far easier to just unbolt, swap in and bolt back in rather than removing the control arms and getting the bushings out. You'd probably save time/money on the lift since usually renting space isn't cheap.

The front LCAs are particularly painful since you need to drop the steering rack to get at the bolts and remove the cam adjusters. If you watch Tim's videos you'll find out what bolts I'm talking about. You should be able to get the front control bushings out with a vice and a bottle jack, for the rears perhaps you can take it to a shop and only get charged a minimal amount for them to press the old bushings out and the new ones in.

I think I picked up a set of front / rear control arms from a junkyard for 100-150 dollars and pressed all my whiteline / OEM bushings in before hand. The only control arms that are different are the rear uppers (just search the forum for the correct length). Perhaps you'll be able to sell your control arms but I'd imagine if you're paying for garage space and etc. you'll save money or at least frustration this way.

Also if you end up pulling the timing belt I'd advise doing the valve cover gaskets (unless you've already done them).

Last edited by APhelps; 12-28-2019 at 07:27 PM.
APhelps is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote