Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 12-30-2019, 03:36 PM

gaterose will become famous soon enough gaterose will become famous soon enough

gaterose will become famous soon enough gaterose will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
The 3.5" in the dash and the coaxial in the doors is an interesting choice, though since you already had those speakers I understand the choice.

Normally you wouldn't want the tweeters down by your feet for the front sound-stage in a car. Most people go with 3.5" in the dash because they're just replacing those speakers, but if replacing the door speakers as well then the component / tweeter setup would be better.
I went with these speakers because it made more sense to me than a component set. Since the crossover is built into the HU, it is only sending higher freqs to the dash location and lower freqs to the door. The stock setup is a 2-3/4 2-way in the dash and a woofer in the door. This is a 3-3/4 2-way in the dash and a woofer (with non-functional tweeters since the HU isn't sending HF to the front door) in the door. Spending extra money just to eliminate the tweeters didn't make sense to me.

A component set with the stock JBL HU would require intricate wiring and signal reintegration or relying on the integral JBL crossover and throwing out the aftermarket crossover and most important part of a component set (also the piece that makes component sets so expensive).

If we ever swap the HU, I'll prob go with a 3-way component setup like I have in the Taco.
'03 4Runner UnLimited - Sold
gaterose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote