Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-01-2020, 01:36 PM

JayceeP is on a distinguished road

JayceeP is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaMan View Post
This is a great thread. A lot of great information.

I have a 2020 Offroad Premium and am having what I'd call extreme poor mileage. I do have some modifications that I suspect are contributing, but they should not at the level that I'm seeing. I have a 2" leveling kit in the front and 285/70R17's KO2's. I also have a bug deflector. I do need to install a 1" body lift to stop my tires from rubbing on a sharp turn in reverse. This won't help, but do want to keep the look and like the performance of the tires. I have less than 1000 miles on it, it's still breaking in also, but still seems extreme.

My mileage is better in town/city than on the highway which is a bit confusing. I actually see the mileage in the city to be around 17MPG average and Highway drop to lower 14MPG's. Also if I drive in the 75 to 80 MPH area it drops to high 13's.

So far, I like the vehicle. It's my first, I traded a Tacoma for it. Not impressed with the power, but it does get me where I need to go.

Wondering if anyone else is seeing anything like this with the 2020.

Thanks.
Almost every “I have a problem” thread on this forum begins with some reference to that person having a lift. Between a levelling kit, a body lift, and the drag of the off-road tires (which are also bigger than OEM spec) would probably explain why your mileage is worse on the highway. Your aerodynamics are definitely a lot different. At 14MPG.... my fuel economy would only be about 20% better than you on a 75-80mph highway run. I would probably get about 17.5. Anything better is because of favourable wind conditions and/or flat road. I do have a bug deflector and mud guards.