Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-01-2020, 02:53 PM

BamaTrav is on a distinguished road

BamaTrav is on a distinguished road
Just had the Cooper AT3 4s P285 70 17's installed yesterday as replacements for 275 70 17 Cooper AT 3's in C. 4Regrets Before my 275 Coopers I also ran the old BFG 275 70 17's in E. According to the specs the 285's are several pounds lighter per tire despite being 1/2 an inch larger in diameter and I believe just a bit over 1/2 an inch wider. Obviously the P rating is impacting the weight.

As with most folks upsizing their tires I wondered about rubbing. Checked things out this morning and only rubbing is on the front wheel liner at close to full lock. It is only touching that vertical ridge piece that sticks out into the wheel well about 1/2 an inch. If I trim or push the liner forward about a 1/4 of an inch it would clear.

Only have about 15 miles on the tires. Ride feels much softer in a good way. Also much more quiet than the 275's, but the tread wear on the 275's likely contributed to the increases loudness over the last year or so.

Last thought, to me the tire looks much larger than my 275 Coopers despite only being both only a 1/2 inch larger in diameter and approx. 1/2 inch wider in width. Will post up pics in a bit when I can remember how to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Regrets View Post
Is anyone running this tire in the P285/70R17? I'm thinking of trying some out to replace my E load rated 275/70R17 KO2s.

I'm curious if they run "big" or "small" for a 285. I'm attracted to the weight and the reported wet-weather performance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Failed_1 View Post
Same. Been thinking about the AT3 4S, but also hear great things about the Wildpeaks. been tossing these around as they seem like a similar tire.
BamaTrav is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote